The mission of the Missouri Nursing Students’ Association (MONSA) is to enhance professional nursing students education and practice in all environments to assure quality, affordable, and accessible health care for the people of Missouri.
The purpose of the Missouri Nursing Students’ Association is to:
1. Assume responsibility for contributing to nursing
education in order to provide for the highest
quality health care.
2. Provide programs representative of fundamental
and current professional interest and concerns.
3. Aid in the development of the whole person,
his/her professional role, and his/her
responsibility for the health care of people in all
walks of life.
The function of the Missouri Nursing Students’ Association is to:
1. To have direct input into standards of nursing
education and influence on the education
2. To influence health care, nursing education and
practice through legislative activities as appropriate.
3. To promote and encourage participation in
community affairs and activities toward improved
health care and the resolution of related social
4. To represent nursing students to the consumer, to
institutions, and to other organizations.
5. To promote and encourage student participation in
6. To promote and encourage recruitment efforts,
participation in student activities, and education
opportunities regardless of a person’s race, color,
creed, sex, lifestyle, national origin, age, or
7. To promote and encourage collaborative
relationships with the Missouri Nurses’ Association
(MONA) and the Missouri League for Nursing (MLN),
as well as other state nursing and related health
8. To promote nursing education by rewarding
scholarships based on academic excellence and
financial need, as funds are available.